This is an important notice regarding your privacy and the way George Browns Ltd (hereafter referred to as “we”, “our” or “us”) collects and makes use of your personal data.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you (our customers), or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
For the purpose of applicable privacy legislation, the data controller is George Browns Limited, Grovebury Road, Leighton Buzzard, Bedfordshire, LU7 4UX, on behalf of georgebrowns.co.uk/online-store. Our company number is 340609.
Questions regarding this policy should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org/online-store
1. What information do we hold about you?
We may collect, store and use personal data about you (referred to hereafter as “personal information”):
- Personal contact details such as your name, title, address, telephone number and e-mail address.
- Payment information such as credit/ debit card number, expiration date, security code and name as it appears on the card and the address the card is registered to.
- Other personal information provided to us via our website or social media accounts. For example, by using the ‘Contact us’ page on our website or by contacting us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
- Personal information provided to us by the third-party service providers we work with, for example, analytics providers and third-party companies.
2. How will we use your personal information?
We will only use the personal information when the law allows us to. When we use your personal information, we must have legal ground for doing so. For example.
- Where you have provided us with your consent for us to do so.
- Where we need to perform the contract that we have entered into with you or to take steps to enter into a contract with you.
- Where we need to comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject.
- Where it is in pursuit of our legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and your interest and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
More specifically, we will use your personal information in the following circumstances.
- Providing you with information about the products you have purchased – to perform the contract with you.
- Dealing with your enquiry made via the ‘Contact Us’ page on our website and social media – in pursuit of our legitimate interests to ensure your enquiry is dealt with promptly and efficiently.
- Your personal contact details – in pursuit of our legitimate interests.
- During telephone calls with our customer support.
- To administer our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes – in pursuit of our legitimate interests (to better understand how people interact with our website and solve any issues it may have).
- To improve our website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer/device – in pursuit of our legitimate interests (to improve our content and your experience).
- To transfer to third party service providers – in pursuit of our legitimate interests (in out sourcing for effectiveness and efficiency).
- To contact you if we wish to use your information for a purpose not set out in this policy – to comply with legal obligation.
3. What happens if there is a change of purpose?
We will only use your personal information for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and thar reason is compatible with the original purpose. If we need to use your personal information for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
4. Which type of third parties might we share your personal data with?
We require third parties to respect the security of your personal information and to treat it in accordance with the law, for example, where we instruct third party service providers, we carry out due diligence on these providers to ensure they treat your personal information as seriously as we do.
We may share your personal information with the following types of third parties:
- Technical support providers, for example, assisting with our website.
- Professional advisers such as lawyers, accountants, insurance companies and business analysts.
- Providers which help us collate and organise information effectively and securely.
- Providers which help us generate and collate surveys and reviews of our products and services.
- Providers which help us with marketing by, for example, helping us send marketing mailshots.
- Providers which help us with logistics and delivery solutions.
- Providers which host our servers in their data centres (these are within the UK).
5. How long will we use your personal information for?
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purpose we collected it for.
We assess the appropriate retention period for different information based on the size, volume, nature and sensitivity of that information, the purposes for which we are using that information, applicable legal requirements for holding that information, and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means.
- Generally, communication is deleted if it is no longer required for exchanges with you and any statutory retention periods have expired.
- If you have consented to receiving marketing information, we will keep your personal information for as long as we have your consent.
- If you have provided us with your personal information for the purpose of making a complaint, we will keep this information for 6 years.
- All other information in connection with your purchases will be kept for 7 years, or longer where you have provided us with consent to do so.
- We will keep the information that we are required to do so for tax purposes for 7 years.
6. Where we store your personal data
Electronic versions of your personal information are stored on our servers in the UK.
Where we use third party service providers to assist us, your personal information may also be stored in accordance with their practises and procedure. We require third parties to respect your personal information and to treat it in accordance with the law.
7. Your rights in connection with your personal information.
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information. This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal information we hold about you.
This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request the erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove your personal information when there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to stock processing personal information where we are relying on legitimate interest if there is something about your particular situation which requires you to object to processing on this ground.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
If you wish to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal information please contact using the contact details set out at the beginning of this policy.
8. Right to withdraw consent
In the limited circumstances where you may have provided consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal information for specific purpose, you have the right to withdraw your consent for that specific processing at any time through the contact details set out in this policy.
Where we are providing you with marketing information, you can change your marketing preferences or unsubscribe using the links at the bottom of our marketing e-mails.
9. What happens if you fail to provide personal information
If you fail to provide certain information when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have entered into with you (such as providing you with our products and services), or we may be prevented from complying with our legal obligations.
We may change, modify add or remove portions of this policy at any time. Any changes will become effective immediately.